Saturday, May 8, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: Jack the Ripper Doesn't Exist


Read "Jack the Ripper Doesn't Exist" and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

If you're here with me in Binghamton, this weather must be driving you nuts. Last week it was Summer, and today it turned winter again, but turned into Spring by the end of the day. If we hold out to Autumn tomorrow, I'll be happy. I've never seen so much hail in my life as the last few weeks. Volcanoes and oil spills make me unable to decide if I'm seeing the work of the greatest joke mankind played on himself, or a natural phenomena that has happened before. Either way, Al Gore seems to think we're screwed, but he tried to destroy Rock & Roll, so I'm not sure I trust him either. You can make your life a little better by shopping at the Otsiningo Farmers Market. The farmers are donating unpurchased vegetables to local food pantries. If you ask me, that's the first step toward positive welfare reform I've heard in my life.

Regular readers will probably remember "Jack the Ripper Doesn't Exist" from NUGE FOR PREZ, but the devotees will have seen it performed in 2006. This has always been one of my favorite stories, so I hope you enjoy it as well. I have a few more longer stories over the summer, leading up my next novel. "The Salvation Shark" will be posted one chapter each Monday and Friday starting in August. The story will run at least into next year, but a print version will be available early for anyone who can't wait for the ending. "The Vampire of Doom City" will finish June 15th at regularcrazy.blogspot.com. That story will be followed by "The Ice Factory" on 10/10/10. Thanks for reading.

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment