Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Vampire of Doom City


There are a lot less of you here with me in Binghamton this week, as Binghamton University held its graduation ceremony on Sunday. Congratulations to my lady-friend, who is now a bona fide Anthropologist. Country life has been a pleasant change. Instead of crack heads stumbling through my yard at 7am, I have a doe and fawn. Instead of neighbors playing football under a street lamp, I have raccoons setting off the motion sensors while they raid the composter.

I have a number of good reasons for no Laugh at Yourself First this week. 1.) "The Vampire of Doom City" will be complete June 15th, so I'd rather have you read that this week at regularcrazy.blogspot.com. Think of it as a choose-your-own-adventure for adults. b.) I spent every morning this week on the front porch writing AIN SOPH II. I think sequels are morally reprehensible, so I'm not sure how I'll present it to you, but I'm leaning toward door-by-door with a hand-written apology for not finishing the story the first time around. While you wait for me to arrive, you can read my new novel, "The Salvation Shark" with new chapters every Friday and Monday starting in August, and next month I'm posting "Danglehorn," a play I wrote for elephants about children. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment