Saturday, April 3, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Witch King's Sword, Episode 9


Read "The Witch King's Sword," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Someone peel my fingers off the keyboard, Man-In-Sea is done! You can get your copy online at lulu.com/tbstarlight, but you can find it cheaper if you come to Binghamton. My copies are on the way, so I'll let you know where you can find them after the book release April 16th. If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you'll join me for the reading. My apologies to anyone who tuned in to hear me this week on WSKG. I recorded the interview with Gregory Keeler to play April 15th at 9:30am. The mix-up was my fault, and you heard some excellent programming, so let's call it even. Greg and I talked about Man-In-Sea and my brother Matthew. The interview will also be available in podcast, if you don't find yourself listening to public radio in Binghamton Thursday morning.

Had you told me ten years ago there would be such a thing as too many full-blast scream-alongs with Rancid going down the highway at top speed, I would have called you a liar. Now that I spend my Day Job performing, I often want to change it up on the drive home and listen to someone else talk for a while. NPR gets a little preachy at times, especially during those afternoon hours when no one is listening, but doesn't compare to Trilobites teaching kids that Evolution is a myth. Anyone that's driven through Upstate knows there isn't much radio-friendly between Syracuse and Whitney Point if you don't like Country music. I loved PBS TV and it's nature documentaries when I was little, but I did not expect I'd be a regular listener of PBS radio. I'm finally done with the new Witch King, I hope it's worth the wait. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment