Sunday, April 25, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates




Read "The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

If you're here with me in Binghamton, you already know that Party-Mayor Matt Ryan let me down one more time. Even though I helped vote this guy into office twice, I don't think he's completed a single project I thought was worth my vote. His Riverwalk project remains in a state of incomplete, Bing Wi-Fi was a dismal failure, and now he's scrapped the War Cost Calculator only a few days after I praised Ryan for his bold move.

It seems Mayor Ryan couldn't take the criticism coming from everywhere else. Don't get me wrong, the only reason I voted for Ryan was because I couldn't bring myself to vote red, but I can't bring myself to be so short-sighted. I'm horrified at how much of my paycheck is going to Iraq and Afghanistan. There's an argument against the war even the Tea Party can get behind. Getting mad at the guy who brings it to your attention is just a case of shooting the messenger. How many American boys are you going to let die because you don't want to see how much it's costing you? "Dr. Dendrobates" continues through April 27th. This afternoon, April 25th I'm volunteering at a benefit for Abe Freeman, a boy from my town fighting an aggressive childhood cancer. For more details, visit the Print is Better blog. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment