Saturday, April 10, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: She Gave Me 'For You, Blue.'


Read "She Gave Me 'For You, Blue," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Justify Full I knocked off my first fingernail today, and 9-finger typing is no fun. If only a machine existed that could read my atrocious handwriting! You'll probably thank me for keeping this short. "She Gave Me 'For You Blue,'" is somewhat named after a Beatles song, but I'll never tell why. Check another life goal from the list, I received my copy of Oblique Quarterly magazine with my name on the front cover. I was asked to submit my "Isis" poems after I posted them last year on Laugh at Yourself First. Read "Oblique" at weepingfool.com.

Man-In Sea will be released this Friday with a live reading at the Art Mission Theater. If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you will join me at 7pm. Bill Snyder, Sean Kimber, Danielle Bates, and Jason Walsh will be reading the story, and comedian Derek Thoby will introduce the show. All proceeds go to create a scholarship in my brother's name. If you've been reading, you know he passed away recently after a 2-year battle with brain cancer. This week I did interviews for the Press & Sun Bulletin, WSKG Public Radio, and the Original Geeks Podcast that will be released prior to the show. I'm feeling faint from blood-loss. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment