Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pretty Much Name-Dropping


The Print is Better I wrote this week pertained mainly to my show last night at RiverRead Books, so it wasn't much us to anyone that wasn't here with me in Binghamton. For the rest of you, the event was a lot of fun. Thanks to Ian Daddybones of the OGPC for announcing your next President, and then me. Apparently, I repeatedly said I'd be at the Mad Moose Sunday, January 31st. In truth I'll be at the Mad Monk's. If you're not with me in Binghamton, this is funny, because the Mad Moose is a bar around the corner from the Mad Monk's. It's nice, but the walls are covered with severed animal heads, which I find to make an unpleasant drinking situation. There is also a Loyal Order of Moose down the street from the Mad Monk's with a surprisingly sweet ball room.

For those with me in Binghamton, I'll be performing VOTE NUGE, and sharing the stage with Derek Thoby and Aaron Gold. If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you remember him from Team Boomsplosion! with one of my closest friends, Brett Tribe. Brett recently passed away to the afterlife that is Austin, TX. We communicate via text message and Ouija board, talking mostly about the merits of Friday the 13th. If you're in Austin, TX., you should go see Brett Tribe. He's funny.

For next week, I've written a story about giant hypodermic needles injecting poison directly into the Earth. No, it's not Captain Planet fanfiction. Thanks for reading.

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment