Friday, June 12, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: Lament Configuration


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "Lament Configuration," and more short stories, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser.

pauljuser.blogspot.com

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, you no doubt heard my cry of rage when a piece of broken glass sliced my tire. I’ll be visiting the bike wizards at Chenango Point Cycles this weekend. I was unfriended by the mayor when I tried bringing the issue to his attention through a popular social networking site. I didn't expect much from the guy that let an absentee landlord shut down the busiest intersection in town for most of last summer. Shall we count how many businesses went under? All I want is to stop picking shards out of my shoes. Is that too much to ask?

The winner of last week’s Mary Jane Kelly contest was Christian Stiltner of Cottonwood, CA. Christian won my hand-corrected manuscript for answering the identity of Mary Jane Kelly. The last of Jack the Ripper’s 5 accepted victims. Some theorize the brutality of this crime finally satiated the serial killer, and he never murdered again. For my thoughts, read my play, “Jack the Ripper Doesn’t Exist,” in "Nuge for Prez and Other Fiction." This week, Nuge posted "Drunks with Guns," to Print is Better. Originally from his presidential campaign blog, Nuge has revised, corrected, and updated the story for the times. I also posted new work from the Preacher of Doom City, and "Dear Sirs!" A new Eating Out Upstate has been posted at 607 Magazine, along with my interview with Ian Daddybones on the Original Geeks Podcast.

Laugh at Yourself First is a treat for the old fans this week. It was about ten years ago that I formed the band, Lament Configuration, with my long-time friend, Kevin Kober with my poems read over Kevin's bass stylings. Later, we added Kyle Price on keyboards. We released two EP’s, “Sweet Chastity in Wonderland,” and “Devoid,” and once opened for Mastodon. You think they call when they open Wembly for Metallica? These are the poems from the Lament days. Unlike the rest of Laugh at Yourself, these have not been edited or altered. Next week is going to be “The Witch King’s Sword, Episode 3” Until then, I highly recommend you download my novel, Dollars Per Hour for free. Thanks for reading.

-Paul

printisbetter.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment