Saturday, March 6, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Protective Zone of Privacy


Read, "The Protective Zone of Privacy," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Last week I promised the new Witch King's Sword, but I've been preoccupied. By the time I sat down to edit, the week was almost over, and I barely had the story formatted. I hope you understand. Instead, I'm giving you a weird, experimental poem I wrote after first reading about the Cut-Up poems from Burroughs. I'm not really sure what the Old Priest was talking about, but I'd been looking for the same thing a long time. I still don't know what the hell I was talking about. Please don't judge me by my poetry, I haven't written any for years. I worked hard on this one though, and it has a special place in my heart.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, this weekend was Parade Day! Every year we celebrate St. Patty's day two weeks early with a marching soldiers, policemen, firemen, and seven-year-old Irish dance companies. Occasionally, the mayor will stumble in as well, usually around the time the Miss Parlor City float passes the beer tent. Rumor has it we hold the parade early because the bagpipe brigade has been consistently booked since time immemorial. Apparently no one thought to book a different bagpipe brigade. Next week I'll start Dr. Dendrobates Act II, and regularcrazy.blogspot.com continues to be updated daily. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment