Saturday, February 6, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Witch King's Sword, Episode 8



Read "The Witch King's Sword" and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

First week of Feb, folks, and in this episode of the Witch King's Sword, Erby the troll takes Chloe Isis and Valentine on a boat down the Great River to escape the Glithvals that pursue them. If Sword & Sorcery isn't your bag, next week I have a mad scientist story. "The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates" will be posted one scene each day from February 12th-23rd. Act II and III will follow in March and April.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, you were well aware of Punxsutawney Phil's prediction long before that little rodent crawled out of his fiberglass stump. Would you believe me if I told you that woodchuck is a close friend of mine? I couldn't exactly call him up to get you an inside prediction, but we've been introduced, and I've seen the damage he did to a kitchen after being left unattended with a chocolate cake no one thought he could reach. He was raised in the Town of Maine by a woman I know quite well, and when the choice came to give him away or shoot him, he became a lucky celebrity. His Christian name is 'Whistlepig.'

This kind of thing is not uncommon in the Town of Maine. My dad always swore he could have a baby woodchuck sit in his lap and purr like a cat after only a few hours of handling, but that was never one of the bizarre creatures that lived at my house. I always preferred reptiles. This past Sunday, I performed VOTE NUGE with Aaron Gold and Derek Thoby, and again on Wednesday with Freddie Nugz and the Uniters. If you saw me out last night at First Friday, that was Kevin from Swath and Dance-A-Tron playing "Dusty," Nuge's road technician, body-guard, and door-opener since the '76 Motorhead tour. That list of performers and musicians I name-dropped are all artists you should check out, and I have links to each one at the Print is Better blog. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment