Friday, February 12, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates


Read “The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates” and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Nobody panic, Jack Nicholson is still alive. That was the first sigh of relief I had all week when I discovered that was a hoax. For everything else, I think about Marlow and keep my eyes on the river ahead of me. I hope your life is good, because I'm in serious need of a few seconds of silence. Each of us has or own personal horror stories. I say this for everyone. Fuck cancer. Let it be a reminder each day that life is for living.

"The Unbearable Experimentation of the Insidious Dr. Dendrobates" is different. The scenes are short, and by no means warrant 30 weeks of one-page postings. Instead, Act 1 will be presented one scene at a time from February 12th through February 23rd. Acts 2 and 3 will follow in March and April. Laugh at Yourself First goes back to normal weekly postings after that, but “The Vampire of Doom City” has been updated daily since January 1st. Some of you may even think you have the story figured out. Let me know your theories and I will post them on Print is Better. Develop your own at regularcrazy.blogspot.com.

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, Nuge is on the loose! Friday, Nuge debuted “The Theme to That Movie: RED DAWN” first at RiverRead’s open mic, then at the Blot Spot with the Genital Holograms. If you happen to be among the few that enjoy bizarre twisting soundscapes, I highly recommend. Come see me do VOTE NUGE February 22nd-26 at the ART Mission Theater before the 7:30 shows. Prizes, give-aways, and your chance to be immortalized in the Nuge video we’re recording. It's free with movie admission. We’re hoping to have the new movie with the Dude. The original TTFTM:RD, written by myself and Brett Tribe, can be found with a Google search. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment