Saturday, December 19, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: If At First You Don't Succeed


Read "If At First You Don't Succed" and more original fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at pauljuser.blogspot.com

Happy Dr. Filth December! This week I have “If At First You Don't Succed,” which was named for me by Seattle notable, Purple Mark Wirth. I’ve been saying for a few weeks that this is the first story I ever wrote about Dr. Filth. That’s basically a lie. The first story is in there, mixed with chapters from my first novel, which you will never read. I thought it would it would be an easy task stitching the stories together, but required much rewriting, and the addition of superheros.

It was too good to be true that in the same year Rob Zombie made a movie that didn't suck, I'd be attending a red carpet premier of a new Friday with almost the entire cast of the entire series. However, my VIP ticket does get me a swim with the kid who jumped out of the lake at the end of the first movie. He looks like Weird Al and has made a career out of being the kid that jumped out of the lake at the end of the first movie. Still no word on Crispin Glover. A thirteenth film would be a nice touch for Jason's 30th birthday, but a villain needs time to fester before he comes back. Also, not many people came to see the last one.

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, you know this is the time of year you stay inside and distract yourself from the cold any way you can. I try to keep moving regardless. I use DataFlow to print the Laugh at Yourself flyer, and I’ve been getting them on as many tables and bulletin boards I can find. Find them in Boston, Cambridge, and Ithaca, and at home as well. If you don't live near there, and I don't make it to your town soon, I'll be happy to mail you a few. Drop me a line at TbStarlight@gmail.com. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment