Thursday, December 17, 2009


Happy Dr. Filth December 17th!

As you may know, tomorrow on Laugh at Yourself First, I'm posting the very first Dr. Filth story I wrote, sometime around when I was twenty. While the story received some revisions, and came together quite nicely, I couldn't come up with a title. I left that to my Facebook friends, who were given the chance to name it without reading it. The submissions are in, and I've picked my favorite. Here is a list of the runners up, and some of my reasoning.

Most Notable:

James Lisk of Parsippany, NJ submitted "The Good, the Bad, and the Filthy." Not only a good fit for the story, but some would say he is Dr. Filth. I would be those people. However, the Dr. Filth in this story was inspired by someone else.

Jason Weston, of Binghamton, NY, is my boss, so by default, I have to put his "The Harrowing Adventures of Coach Calves and His Boonville Battles." He also sends me to Boonville, which I made Dr. Filth's home town.

Miss Maggie G of Olympia Washington had my favorite for a while, and maybe still with "Thrift Store Rejects." However, while that pretty much described my life at the time, it had little to do with the story. If there's a Second Place, this is it.

Steen Ahlmann Peterson of Copenhagen, Denmark submitted "The Heart Attack Machine" or "Some Local Loser," which are both lyrics from the Bob Dylan song where the Doc gets his name.

"Put a Bow on Her and Call it Good" was from Alexis Pleus Dugon of Windsor, NY. That could be appropriate to the story in quite a few ways.

"Dr. Filth and The Warm Bath: Dr. Filth Comes Clean" was from Joe Sellepack of Taylor, MI. DR. FILTH WILL NEVER COME CLEAN!!

Everyone wins copies of the new Laugh at Yourself Flyer if you tell me where to send them.

Thanks for reading.

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment