Saturday, December 12, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: Dr. Filth Redux


I had some complaints last week that Print is Better had none of the Easter Egg links I normally include. I apologize, I went to Boston for Bazaar Bizarre, and the connection at the hotel was not nearly as blazingly fast as advertised. I'm not the sewing type myself, but my ladyfriend makes some spectacular purses, and I was not about to pass up the chance to stick the new Laugh at Yourself First flyers in any nook I could find. If you're in Boston or Cambridge, give me a shout if you see one. Point them out to your friends if you can.

The craft show was packed to the gills, and a mosh pit broke out when Jonnie Spaceman did a Theremin cover of "Raining Blood." The merchandise ranged from clothing to cat toys to metal sculptures of robots. I had fun looking, but couldn't find much more for myself than a Sasquatch T-shirt. I regret not picking up the tie with the typewriter on it, as well as the Sci Fi and Horror comics in the back corner, even though each book looked like pencil sketches. I lied about the "Raining Blood," but Jonnie Spaceman was still cool.

As part of "Dr. Filth December," this week's story is "Dr. Filth," as it appeared in NUGE FOR PREZ. I believe revision is the most important part of writing, and I try never to release the same story twice. Next week I have for you the very first story I wrote about Dr. Filth, and after that, will be back January 1st with a recap of the first six episodes of "The Witch King's Sword," with the debut of Episode 7 on January 7th. If you're here with me in Binghamton, remember it's too cold to wear ripped jeans. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

Click the image for Dr. Filth the T-shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment