Saturday, October 10, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: ISIS


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "ISIS" and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser
pauljuser.blogspot.com

I decided last minute to break up "The Great World Leader." I'm going a little crazy with the Day Job and was unable to finish the edits I wanted. Next week starts Act II. "ISIS" is a trilogy of poems I wrote some years ago. The photo is mine, from a temple near Luxor, 5,000 year old proof that print is better. These poems are not about Egyptian goddesses, sludge metal bands, or any previous cats I may have owned, but tell three perspectives on those people we know that are firecrackers waiting to go off. The lady in question eventually got a handle on her life. Not all are that lucky.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you're distressed over the lack of information on a string of recent murders. My local rag ran an excellent review of one victim's Facebook page, but I've yet to hear of anything on the Internet activity of Keisha Roman. Meanwhile, there is less room for police positions in upcoming budgets. Grace Charles did an excellent portrayal of Keisha that I'd like to see wheat-pasted on every light post in town. If any of my Binghamton readers can put me in touch with her brother, Freddie, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment