Sunday, October 4, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: The Great World Leader


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "The Great World Leader, Scene 3," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

I hope you're enjoying "The Great World Leader." Here ends Act 1. I'm still debating if I start Act 2 right away, or if I should hold you in suspense for a week. This long running story has allowed me to focus on several new projects, as well as mix with the Day Job, who demands most of my day this time of year. I'm not sure what happened to September. I looked under the couch, but it wasn't there.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, you're probably enjoying the hype around our hometown hero, and the 50th anniversary of his television show. If you've set foot in my city, you know "The Twilight Zone" was no work of fiction. Our strange cast of characters includes a cowboy in full costume, cross-dressing homeless, a paraplegic Viet Nam veteran whom everyone knows by name, and a whole slew of mutants twisted into unimaginable shapes by whatever chemicals IBM and her sister Industrials dumped in our ground water. Recent legislation deemed there are not enough chemicals, and outside agencies are being brought in to blast in more. How will we look in 50 more years? Thanks for reading.

Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment