Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Tragedy of Dolouz


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "The Tragedy of Dolouz" and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

I've got a contest for you this week. The Laugh at Yourself group hit 500 members, so I celebrated by digging in the trunk. "The Tragedy of Dolouz" was originally published in a punk rock zine called OJ Killed Elvis. I'm giving one of my last two copies to the reader that first identifies my city's famous oceanographer whose carnival ride has been credited with the defeat of the Luftwaffe. Forgive the cut-and-paste, this was before the days of laser scanners and photo manipulation. In the mean time, I hope you'll read the updated and revised version I have for you this week.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, you can probably answer off the top of your head. Which of us haven't marveled over the Man-In-Sea project, wondering what swims down there in the deep places of the world? Stop by Roberson Museum & Science Center to see their display of inventions from this pioneering undersea archeologist who recovered an anchor from the Santa Maria, and was once arrested in Greece as a pirate. Send your answers to TbStarlight@gmail.com. I'll announce the winner next week. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. ..love the blog check out mines neeshbfly.blogspot.com and if you like it follow or comment it..thanks..

    ReplyDelete