Saturday, August 1, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: Drunk n' Cutz


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "Drunk 'n' Cutz" and more short stories, scripts, and very little poetry by Paul Juser.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Don't panic! All is well. Last week, Laugh at Yourself First was shut down overnight as a spam site. I was reviewed by a "real person" on the Blogger staff who offered no constructive criticism but restored my account before I could finish an angry e-mail. Establishing a culprit was just as easy. A disgruntled former cast member of "The Legend of the Ghost of Dracula's Cook" caused the disruption after I listed only the cast of my favorite production. His or her confidants rolled over under very little duress.

"Drunk 'n' Cutz" was an experiment in decadence in what became a weekly event of poets and other wannabes passing words and pitchers around the back table of our favorite dive bar. The ranks swelled for several months, leaving me with multiple notebooks full of indecipherable writing from unremembered sources. This collection comes from the first night, written by myself and my oldest friend, James Lisk at the time I was writing Dollars Per Hour. These poems were originally published in a chapbook that was distributed free at poetry readings that erupted in Binghamton living rooms around that time.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, let me thank you for attending the reading of "Mother of Blue Stars." By nearly filling the Art Mission Theater, we generated much interest in future events, and the Playwright Unit is now going through your comments and suggestions to help in final revisions. We hope to see the play go from the page to the stage very soon. If you missed it, you can hear me talking with Gregory Keeler from my July 28th interview on wskg.org. Further thank you's to everyone that ordered a copy of Nuge for Prez, your efforts keep me going. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
pauljuser.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment