Saturday, July 25, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: The Legend of the Ghost of Dracula's Cook

Visit Laugh at Yourself First for “The Legend of the Ghost of Dracula’s Cook,” and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser
pauljuser.blogspot.com

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, you may have already seen “The Legend of the Ghost of Dracula’s Cook.” Three versions have been produced five times across the Southern Tier. You can read the original version, as well as plays from Brett Tribe and Judith Present in “The Play’s the Thing!” The version I’m presenting you this week was part of Theatricks by Starlight’s HUMPED variety show, with myself as Bruce, Kristin Wheeler as Janessa, and Brett Tribe as the Coffee Maker.

This Tuesday, I’m presenting a live reading of “Mother of Blue Stars,” by Jim Gonda. Starting at 7:30pm at the Art Mission Theater, we're asking for your help. After the reading., you'll be asked for your thoughts in a short questionairre. The reading starts at 7:30, featuring the voice talents of Bill Snyder, Dave Merrell, and Carolyn Christy-Boyden. Joe Falank will be in the lead role of Raymond Banas, who has just announced he’s quitting high school to join his brothers in World War II. Jim and I will be discussing the play with Gregory Keeler, 9:30am that morning on WSKG public radio, 89.3fm, or wskg.org.

My copies of Nuge for Prez arrived this week, and they look fantastic. I’ll be happy to show you if you run into me, or you can order one for yourself through lulu.com. The day job has kept me touring at ungodly hours, so I think next week I’ll be resorting to poetry. It’s been a long time since I’ve posted any. Forgive me if I slur. Until then, thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment