Sunday, June 6, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: Danglehorn


Read "Danglehorn" and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

This week starts my kids play, "Danglehorn." It was designed to tour schools, with two or three actors playing three characters wearing elephant and rhinoceros costumes built of wire frame and felt. It was the last play ever performed by Theatricks by Starlight. Very much not for children is "The Vampire of Doom City," which ends June 15th at regularcrazy.blogspot.com

If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you can come to the spaghetti dinner I'm organizing July 10th at the East Maine Volunteer Fire Department from 1-5pm. All proceeds go to the Matthew Juser Memorial Scholarship. Cheers and jeers to local businesses for their help in the effort. Cheers first to DataFlow, who knocked off the majority of my bill for the poster. They have done all of my printing for years, and I could not have been treated better as a customer. They also have cookies in the lobby. I recommend the Macadamia.

Jeers to an unnamed Greek restaurant that gave me a hard time about hanging one of those posters. I've been loyal to your potato salad since the week you opened, but no more. Still, it was difficult to eat around Douglas Walter Drazen the Senior, who apparently shared my affinity. He once owned a fur shop in Downtown, and may or may not have been my inspiration for the supervillain, Adradian. The punks made a social outing of protesting his store every Saturday, until Drazen eventually closed shop. None of his customers wanted to walk in past the smelly kids loitering on the sidewalk. It took nearly three decades, but punk rock finally accomplished something. Now Drazen the Junior runs for mayor every few years, intimidating his opponents by giving their home addresses to angry lynch mobs. He loses by less and less each election. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment