Saturday, November 14, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: The Great World Leader, Act III


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "The Great World Leader," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Let me start with a thank you for all the birthday well-wishes this week. While my European friends started the celebration the day before my clock said I had "Both feet in the 3rd decade," my oldest friend still made it among the first. I can't say I did the same for him this year, or many other years, so if I missed yours, or miss yours in the near future, give me a pass. If you order a printed copy of Nuge for Prez, it's like we still gave each other presents.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, we have a new mayor. It's the old mayor! A hand count of absolutely every absentee ballot, Party Mayor Matt Ryan slid back into the swank office atop City Hall. What Mayor Ryan must remember in term number two is less than 40% of the vote means more than 60% of us didn't want him. He didn't so much win as had the election won for him by an opponent resembling Cesar Romero's Joker. It has been more than a month since the news reported on the murder of Keisha Roman. This week I start the final Act of "The Great World Leader," ending November 27th. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment