Saturday, May 23, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: Nutritional Values


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for “Nutritional Values,” and more short stories, scripts, and very little poetry from Paul Juser.
Pauljuser.blogspot.com

Happy Memorial Weekend, folks. I’ve been looking in closets and under the couch to find where I lost Spring. For me, a day in the office entails standing in a field telling insipid jokes to Little Leaguers. I earned in some very interesting sunburns, but at least I wasn’t looking at the same wall every day. This week I give you a comedy sketch titled “Nutritional Values.” I hope it makes you think about what you’re eating. For the record, I’ll never stop eating fast food. Next week will be another installment of “Regular Crazy.”

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, we finally have leaves on the trees and cloud breaks that last more than a few hours. I’ve been able to ride the Riverwalk every day this week. Over the winter and early Spring, city the 2-mile public walkway along the Chenango River was made unapproachable by careless city dog owners. During my own trips on the coldest days of the winter, I’d see only groups of guys staring into the trunks of cars, who’d glare menacingly as I pass. Pitbulls normally accompany them variety. I know I should have hung around to make sure they clean up after themselves, but alas, I had places to be. Following a massive pooper scooper campaign, the trail has been restored to former pride. You only need watch your step for broken glass! Who says government is worthless?

I’ve assembled all the stores for Nuge for Prez, and am hard at work on the editing process. In the mean time, I’m scheduling signings and performances in New York and Pennsylvania after the book is released June 30th. If you bring me to your bookstore or show, your copy of Nuge is on me. Yes, I would love to open for your band. E-mail me at TbStarlight@gmail.com with good news. Get your friends excited, let them know they can read Dollars Per Hour and Here in This Sorrow for free. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment