Friday, February 13, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: "Dr. Filth"

Visit "Laugh at Yourself First," a collection of short prose, script, and very little poetry by Paul Juser. 2/13/09: “Dr. Filth”

Happy Friday the 13th! I would like to start out by thanking you for all the kind words, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my stories. This week I’ve posted “Dr. Filth,” about a super-hero with the power to convince himself anything. Those who have been with me will recognize Doc as one of my oldest characters. In “Dollars Per Hour,” he’s a protagonist, and probably the antagonist as well. Next week’s story, “The Disappearance of Cotton Mayweather,” will be told in text and photograph.

If you’re with me in Binghamton, NY, make sure you see some of my closest friends this weekend in “Bent” at the Binghamton City Stage. Find out more at knowtheatre.org. I’ve also enjoyed some very good lunches at Amera’s Cup O Soup and the Midtown Café this week. Should you find yourself here, there are now places to eat!

By you or me, reading print is better than a computer screen, so I welcome you to print any of these stories for yourself. You’d be helping me out to pass them along to anyone you think will enjoy as well. These stories are all short, but you can save yourself or your job some paper by having Lulu print and bind my novel for you. I’d rather have you reading than purchasing, so you can download “Dollars Per Hour,” and my first novel, “Here in this Sorrow” in free .pdf at lulu.com/theatricksbystarlight. All proceeds benefit future productions from Theatricks by Starlight. Not only to you receive an attractive looking volume for the shelf or bathroom periodical stand, you support live theatre as well. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy “Dr. Filth.”

-Paul
Laugh at Yourself First
http://pauljuser.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment