Monday, September 6, 2010

Read "The Witch King's Sword," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

I'm breaking away from the Salvation Shark this week for a new episode of the Witch King's Sword. Grent and Corthd first appeared in a story I wrote in the 11th grade called, "Blasphemer's Bluff." Many of the characters to wander through Witch King were culled from this and a series of stories I wrote about Grent in the following years. Most never made it past the handwriting stage, and have been lost to this cleaning or that move, but I recently found a surviving copy of Blasphemer's Bluff. While clearly the work of a high school junior, I'm still proud of the story. One more episode of Witch King remains for this year. Salvation Shark comes back Friday the 1oth.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, you were almost certainly not at First Friday this week. I think I saw less people since the monthly event began five years ago. I can't blame anyone for staying home either. With the exception of some creepy stuff in Jungle Science, the most interesting art was graffiti in a back alley. Inbreeding a local art scene creates stagnation very quickly. An artist should never close their borders. What I saw this week didn't even belong on the wall of a dentist office. While working on his award winning short film, "A Thankless Job," my close friend, Sean Kimber gave me the best direction I've ever recieved. "Try not to suck." He one the $1,000 prize, and I got my face in the newspaper preparing to hacksaw a body into pieces, so I guess Sean's advice worked. Try not to suck.



No comments:

Post a Comment