Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Salvation Shark


Read "The Salvation Shark," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

It's September, and that's when the Day Job makes me start paying back for all that free time I get to write books and pretend I'm Ted Nugent. I'll try to keep PiB weekly for the next months, though don't expect any regular schedule. If I forget to mail it (like last week), visit the blog for fun and informative links to enhance your reading experience. The Salvation Shark is set to post two chapters a week until December, when I have another long-term story to begin running alongside.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, I hope you were one of the good guys outside city hall Monday morning letting our legislature know we don't want to see New York State become a wasteland. Can anyone tell me if I made CNN? The bad guys down the street got the big picture in the paper, but Party-Mayor Matt Ryan woke up still drunk in an alley nearby and stumbled to our side instead. Who can blame him? The bad guys were waving signs and cranky from being ejected from McDonald's in favor of the morning crowd that purchased more than a senior coffee. With our Oil Derrick of Death and Mother Earth cradling the globe, we looked like much more fun. I got my picture taken with Frackinstein. Unfortunately, stupidity always seems to triumph in the end. When all the wells have been dug, the ground water has been ruined, and the forests have been cleared once more, we will say, "We told you so." The Frackers will count every last penny and say, "We never cared in the first place." Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment