Friday, August 13, 2010

Laugh at Yourself First: The Salvation Shark

Read "The Salvation Shark," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First.
pauljuser.blogspot.com

Did you hear about all the murders in the woods not far from your house? Victims have been taken apart with all manner of camp tool through increasingly gruesome methods. They couldn't have picked a better day for it. I was supposed to be in Texas this past weekend, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the movie series that shaped so much of my youth. I spent endless hours in front of the TV studying Jason's every move. I'd say 90% of what I know about storytelling comes from Friday the 13th. The rest came from an Iron Maiden album. I will most certainly be making time for one of the classics this afternoon and/or evening, I hope you do the same.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, there are not many celebration days to be rained out this summer. My big one is the Johnson City Field Days, coming Labor Day weekend. I've been attending since I was barely knee-high, and one of my strongest memories is winning a Godzilla key-chain that I still hope will turn up in a box someplace. Look for my Salvation Shark bookmarks around town, but stay out of the rain. I hope you are enjoying the story. Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment