Friday, April 17, 2009

Laugh at Yourself First: "From the Road..."


Visit Laugh at Yourself First for "From the Road...," and more short prose, script, and very little poetry by Paul Juser
http://pauljuser.blogspot.com

I have never told a joke in my life, and I don’t plan to start today. My city is out of the news as fast as we came in, and all around me the healing process is churning right along. I’ve spent a lot of time in motion, which has kept my pen at work on “Eating Out Upstate,” the series of restaurant reviews I’m writing for 607 Magazine. Stick with me, I know the best places to eat in this state. Keeping with a travel theme, this week I give you a collection of poems titled “From the Road...” If you’re overlooking N’yarleans, Sanfran, or the Walmart in Ithaca, these poems are for you. Next week, the Superhero Gang assigns Dr. Filth to keep the peace on “Parade Day.”

If you’re here with me in Binghamton, you know we have a new bookstore. There has been nowhere to buy new or used books since the old man who’d throw out you and your mom for looking too long at one volume. River Read has a huge selection, with the Science books up front where I don't have to dig for them. This summer I hope to see events on the patio outside, overlooking the river. I’ll be swinging by there tonight for their poetry night, and if I get the courage, I might even read these poems.

I’m working on two print volumes for this summer: the first print volume of Print is Better, and a short story collection entitled, “Ted Nugent for President and Other Fiction.” Both will be available in full color or black and white through Lulu.com. Until then, you can download Dollars Per Hour for free. Feel free to print any of these stories or photos for yourself, as long as I get my credit. Help me out by ordering "DPH" in print. Thanks for reading. VOTE NUGE.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment