Monday, October 4, 2010

Read "The Salvation Shark," and more short fiction, scripts, and very little poetry at Laugh at Yourself First. Chapter 14 posted 10/15
pauljuser.blogspot.com

This week, I found out that my kindergarten teacher is a regular reader of Print is Better. Weird? Yes. Certainly makes me want to swear less. At least I know we are in agreement about sticking it to "that lady," that I can only assume to be our good friend, Sarah. I still don't think I'd be comfortable if she saw me do VOTE NUGE, but I hope she feels she set me off down the right path. There are still people out there fighting the good fight.

If you're here with me in Binghamton, or anywhere in New York State, you've been seeing signs for our next President, Carl Paladino. "I'm mad too, Carl!" I can tell you from experience that is a terrible time to make decisions, especially if that decision involves the captain of a ship seconds from plowing into the rocks.

Paterson punished anyone with the gall to complain about Spitzer's corruption. He cut funding for schools, state workers, not-for-profits, back to schools, Native Americans, and now poverty-stricken HIV patients, all to make sure his crones and enemies alike weren't required to take pay-cuts. This style of governance smashed Rome, Constantinople, and Wall Street. We have every right to be angry, but it's never right to vote that way.

Democracy is a machine that must be operated carefully, and candidates like Paladino prey on votors that don'[t have the patience for that. I'll admit I don't know much about him, save for his glaring orange and black yard signs, that I first thought were Halloween decorations gone up early. I've mainly heard only the rumors. I gave up on Paladino after his first interview, where the only answer he could give on any standing or policy was to check back with his website in a few weeks. He continues to use the same strategy to prove he isn't the only candidate to have an extra-marital affair. What scares me more is how effectively this strategy works. Tea Party dumbasses and goons are storming elections all over the country. These people only know how to hand all the money to the guy who tells them what to do, and punch anyone that says it's a bad idea. If these lunkheads consolidate power, we will be reaping the rewards of saying, "It can't get worse than Bush." Thanks for reading.

-Paul
printisbetter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment